Guided Rock Climbing near Durban
The city of Durban, located on the east coast, has a wide variety of traditional and sport rock climbing routes within a half hour drive of the city center and set in spectacular scenery
The routes are mainly single pitch and occasionally two pitches in length. There are both trad and sport venues to suite all abilities. Due to the closeness to the city, half and single day trips are possible.
Please contact use for more info>>
Feel free to contact us about any of the following venues:
* Monteseel – This crag, as in most of KwaZulu-Natal venues is made of high quality Sandstone. Monteseel is also Natal’s best traditional rock climbing area.
Grades vary from beginner to grade 28 (UK 6c US 5.12) There is easy access and a self catering hut at the cliff.
Guided rock climbing:
* White Umfolozi – This venue requires a 2 to 3 day trip. It is located in the heart of Zululand and is close to the Umfolozi Game Reserve. The crag is made up of Quartzite and there are over 100 trad and sport routes of all grades. Accommodation is in a rustic hut or tents on the banks or the Umfolozi River.
* Shongweni – A premier sport venue with beginner to the countries hardest routes. The easier crag here is called the Magnetic Wall and is mostly slab climbing. The Wave Cave is all steep and overhanging with routes from grade 23 to 33. (5.11b to 5.13c)
* The Boneyard – Hard, steep slab sport routes. A good place to visit if time is short. Grades from 18 to 29. (UK 5a to 7a US 5.9 to 5:12c)
* Hilton cliffs. Some of Natal’s best sport and trad routes. Very good rock located in a Nature Reserve. All grades